Harry and Meghan

Prince Harry is expected to return to the United Kingdom for a speaking engagement, but Meghan Markle holds some power.

According to a leaked guest list, Harry is setto speak at the Invictus Games 10th Anniversary Service at St. Paul’s Cathedral on May 8. Meghan, on the other hand, is listed as “TBC,” meaning her potential appearance is not yet confirmed. It was previously reported that Meghan’s appearance would mean their children would come along, too.

Now, it seems that Meghan isn’t confident about accompanying Harry. While she was planning on coming at first, Meghan recently became concerned for the family’s safety. A source told New Magazine: “It’s now got to the point where Meghan doesn’t want to come to the UK with the children. She just doesn’t feel safe. The situation is now about whether the family should attend with increased security or Harry should go to it alone.”

Meghan and Harry
Meghan is worried about the family’s safety 
Image:
Getty Images)

Meghan, Harry, and their kids
Harry is begging for Meghan to go with him 


Image:
alexilubomirski/Instagram)
Harry doesn’t want to “keep making solo trips to the UK,” according to the insider. Ever since Harry and Meghan stepped away from their royal duties and move to the United States, they’ve rarely been seen back in Harry’s native country. When Harry does need to make the occasional trip, he’s rarely seen with Meghan at his side.

So, this time, Harry apparently begged his wife to come. He said: “I don’t want to do this alone.”

The insider added : “He would prefer it if the entire family made regular visits to see his family and build bridges, but there is so much going on behind the scenes that it just isn’t possible at the moment. Both Harry and Meghan were planning to come to the UK, but when the exact time and date of their appearance [at the Invictus ceremony] were made public, she started to rethink that idea.”

The decision comes as Meghan faces yet more days in court after her half-sister Samantha makes an appeal. Previously, Samantha filed a case against Meghan for comments the Duchess made about her during her sit down interview with Oprah.

The judge dismissed the case, but a court filing obtained by Newsweek states: “Notice is hereby given that the Plaintiff, Samantha M. Markle, by and through her undersigned counsel, appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit from the Order Granting Defendants, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, Motion to Dismiss entered by the Honorable Charlene Edwards Honeywell on March 12, 2024.”