Gino D’Acampo sparks huge reaction as he announces TV return with unlikely show
Gino D’Acampo has announced his return to television while filming a new project in Ireland, sharing behind-the-scenes photos from the set. The 48-year-old Italian chef, who faced controversy following allegations of “s3xually inappropriate” and “intimidating” behavior, is moving forward despite ITV cutting ties with him and pulling his shows from their lineup.
Taking to Instagram, Gino – who denies the allegations – posted images of himself dressed as a car mechanic, wearing overalls with soot on his face. Teasing his latest venture, he captioned the post: “What a fantastic experience in Ireland working on a new series… I can’t wait for you guys to see it… p.s Happy St Patrick’s Day.”
One of the images shows him reaching into a car engine with a cigarette in his mouth, while another captures him standing alongside two men, reviewing footage on a camera. Fans were quick to express their excitement, with one commenting: “Anything with Gino in it, I’m so down to watch.” Another added: “Omg can’t wait to see Gino back on TV! He’s been so missed.”
Someone else added: “Ginnnnooooooo!!! Love that he’s living his best life in Ireland. Happy Paddy’s Day.” While a fourth echoed: “Don’t care what anyone says, Gino will always be a living legend.”
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and third parties based on our knowledge of you. More info
The allegations against Gino surfaced after a female TV producer claimed he drew an explicit image of her during live filming. It was also alleged that he kissed a footballer’s wife in front of her husband before joking about it at a charity gala, saying he did it “because I can.” Gino has denied all accusations.
Meanwhile, ITV has also axed Emission Impossible, which followed Gino and Fred Sirieix on an eco-friendly adventure across Austria and Croatia. A source told The Sun: “Even though viewers loved Gino and Fred’s chemistry, the series was only ever intended as a two-part special.”
Gino has been caught up in the controversy (Image: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)
It comes after Gino’s ITV gameshow has been replaced following allegations made against the presenter. His show Family Fortunes has been shelved by ITV.
A new series of Stephen Mulhern’s Celebrity Catchphrase will move from its traditional Saturday slot to Sunday nights. The slot is where Family Fortunes once took over airways. ITV commissioner Gemma John-Lewis said: “We’re delighted to announce a further series of the much loved family favourite, Celebrity Catchphrase.”
“The only show where you say what you see, the hugely popular series continues to win legions of fans and with Stephen’s infectious and playful humour it’s a firm favourite with our viewers,” she told TV Zone. Gary Chippington, Executive Producer and Creative Director of STV Studios Entertainment, added: “It’s testament to Catchphrase’s fantastic format and universal appeal that it’s still one of the UK’s most-loved entertainment shows, four decades after ITV first commissioned it…
The celebrity chef shot to fame on This Morning(Image: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock)
“The incomparable Stephen Mulhern is a huge part of the show’s success, and we’re looking forward to getting back in the studio with him and a great line-up of stars later this year for what promises to be another brilliant series of Celebrity Catchphrase.” It was previously reported D’Acampo’s pre-recorded Family Fortunes episodes would not air amid the investigation into Gino’s alleged behaviour.
Responding to the claims made against him in their entirety in a statement to ITV News, Gino said: “I have been told by ITN news that allegations have been made about me acting inappropriately, some dating back over ten years ago. I have never been made aware of these matters previously and the allegations are firmly denied. I would not do anything that I thought would upset or distress anyone. This is simply not in my nature. I do not recognise the version of events being put to me.
“Not only have these allegations never been raised with me before, I have been repeatedly supported by executives at the highest level and was commissioned on prime-time programmes during the period in which it is now suggested I was acting inappropriately.
“I am a father, husband and have worked with well over 1,500 people on around 80 productions in my career, which I have been so proud of. I take such matters extremely seriously and the suggestion that I have acted in an improper way against is deeply upsetting.”
News
BREAKING: Dancing on Ice officially axed by ITV after 19 years
Dancing on Ice has hung its skates up with no plans for a new turn around the rink (Picture: Kieron…
Paddy McGuinness puts lavish £6.5m home on the market as Christine ‘desperate’ to move on
Paddy and Christine McGuinness have put their stunning home on the market(Image: Daily Record) Paddy and Christine McGuinness have decided to sell their…
Shamed Gino D’Acampo Receives SUPPORT from Celebrity Juice & This Morning Co-Stars Ahead of TV COMEBACK!
GINO D’Acampo’s TV return has the support of two of his former co-stars. The Italian chef hasn’t been seen on…
Ben and Erin Napier of HGTV drop bombshell saying they WON’T appear together if they keep working – What’s really going on?
How Ben and Erin Napier Really Feel About Working Together (Hint: They Love It) Ben and Erin Napier have captured…
Gino D’Acampo Sets the Record Straight, Makes TV Comeback and Gets Support from Celebrity Friends
Gino D’Acampo’s TV Comeback Amid Controversy Gino D’Acampo is making his TV comeback after months away following serious allegations. The…
Jack Tweed Weighs into Legal Battle Between Jeff Brazier and Jackiey Budden: ‘Jade Goody Would Be Heartbroken’
The TV presenter and Jackiey Budden are reportedly heading for court Jack Tweed (right) has spoken out about the Jeff…
End of content
No more pages to load